Wednesday, June 27, 2007
The proponents state that it would only add fifty cents to two dollars to the cost of a new gun. Right. In addition to the microstamping technology, it would require safeties on revolvers, and positive, manually operated safeties on semi-autos. Kiss your Glock's goodbye. Amazing: the gun that is probably the safest semi-auto would be banned under this legislation.
I'd like to ask all Californians that care about their safety, and their Second Amendment protections to write their state Senators today. Here's my letter:
Senator Torlakson:If we don't speak up, and the bill passes, we have no one to blame but ourselves...
Re: The Crime Gun Identification Act of 2007 (AB 1471)
I strongly urge you to vote against this "feel good" legislation. It has 3 stated goals:
1. Help law enforcement solve handgun crimes. It will, at best, only marginally help solve these crimes. Criminals can simply use spent shells easily located at firing ranges to be "seeded" at crime scenes. This would, in fact, HINDER law enforcement's ability to solve crimes.
2. Help reduce gang violence. How would microstamping shell casing reduce gang violence? This is a "feel good" inclusion in the bill. Everyone wants to reduce gang violence, right? The supporters of the bill will try and say if you don't vote for this bill, you must be FOR gang violence. Don't fall prey to this ploy.
3. Help reduce gun trafficking of new semi-automatic handguns. This is even a more absurd assertion than the gang violence reasoning. If someone were to illegally acquire a microstamp gun, do you think they would care about how it is used? Of course not. There would be no way to trace it back to the user because it was illegally acquired. More "feel good" pablum.
This bill would make California a LESS safe state. This microstamping technology would add hundreds of dollars to the cost of a gun. Fewer poor, LAW ABIDING citizens would be able to afford to purchase these weapons to protect themselves and their families.
We need better enforcement of our current laws, not new ones that put law abiding citizens at greater risk.
To summarize: This bill would, at best, marginally assist law enforcement in the investigation of crimes; it would do nothing whatsoever to stem gang violence; it would do nothing whatsoever to halt illegal trafficking in these guns; it would reduce the safety of poor, law abiding citizens of California.
I again strongly urge you to vote AGAINST AB 1471.
Oh, and a shout-out of thanks to the Brady Bunch for letting me know this bill was near a vote!
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
I read crap like this, and my brain just wants to explode and splatter all over the wall.
The AMA's vote is a preliminary step, with the American Psychiatric Association retaining the final say on psychiatric definitions. Following the publication of a 10-page document produced by the AMA, which argues for the inclusion of video game addiction in the next revision of the DSM-IV, the AMA has since backed down from its prior stance. The body now recommends that the APA consider the change for the next full edition of the DSM, which is scheduled to be published in 2012. [Emphasis added]Video game addiction? When I heard that the AMA was even talking about this, I literally laughed out loud. But that joviality quickly ended when I thought about what is happening here. Again.
The AMA is, for now, saying that video game addiction is not a disease. How long do you think that will last? We have addictions for drugs, alcohol, porn, tobacco, gambling, sex, eating, exercise, shopping - an endless list of things over which people have no self-control in using or practicing.
What's the result? You can't fire a worker for coming to the job drunk. You can't fire someone for being morbidly obese and driving up your company's health care costs because they choose to stuff their gullet with Big Macs. They have "diseases" and must be coddled.
No one is responsible for their actions because they're "sick".
I guarantee you this will be a recognized disease in the next few years. There will be Dateline NBC investigative reports. 60 Minutes will delve deeply into the hell of video-game compulsion. Our youth are in crisis! Will no one lend a hand? It's for the children!!
This will just become another reason given to people so that they have an excuse for not working, or otherwise contributing to society. It will be a way for doctors to make fees, pharm companies to sell more pills, and the Nanny State to grow and spread its religion of dependence upon the state.
What a sad, compliant, self-indulgent country we've become. Gimme a pill, I have a headache.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
John Stossel of ABC did a recent story on 20/20 called, "Myths, Lies and Downright Stupidity". Myth #10 was, "Gun Control Reduces Crime". Take a look at this. Great stuff.
Best line in the clip: "Someone has broken into your home. What would you rather have? A phone to call the police or a gun? Oh, you can call the police if you want, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. The first line of defense is you."
Thursday, June 14, 2007
I just sent the following letter off to the Mexica (meh-SHEE-kuh) Movement. They are a racist group calling for the return of all north American lands to, uhm, them. They're not real clear on how that would happen, or why, really. Other than people of European descent (white folk) are evil.
Go to their site, and read their crap. It's mind-numbing.
I'll get labeled as a racist by these bastard's. Yeah, that will keep me up at night. It always amazes me when a racist group - Mexica, NAACP, La Raza, etc. - can get away with calling anyone else a racist. Their entire being is based upon the supremacy of THEIR race.
Any ways, here goes. Buckle up, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.....
Wow, I found your site after reading an email from The Minutemen. You ninas need to buck up.If they respond, I'll post it....
You listed a number of supposedly non-racist "facts" on your site about how the white Europeans have been such meanies. Here are the facts, right back at ya:
As a starter, you need to understand how the world works. Power and land are not given, they're taken. Throughout the history of the world that's how it's been, and that's how it will always be. Survival of the fittest.
Obviously, it's not restricted to whites (we just happen to be the ones that kicked YOUR asses). Read a book about the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Spanish (are they white to you guys?), Africans, Middle Easterners. All of them, in addition to the various white Europeans. They were all conquerors at one time in our world history.
Everyone but you girls. You seem to be everyone's bitch.
Here in the Americas, it started with the Vikings, then the Italians, English, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, French. Hell EVERYONE saw you girls as an easy mark. Proud warriors.... sure.
Once they took control, they imposed our laws and values on the vanquished. Again, nothing new.
You girls now sit back and whine about how unfair it is, and how everything should be put back like it once was. Waa, waa, waa! You don't even say how this would work, who would run the joint and what would happen to all of us "invaders" and our possessions. You just want to whine.
Anyways, here are my responses to your racist rantings, from the section entitled, "WHITE DENIAL OF THEIR HISTORY OF RACISM - WHITE DENIAL OF THEIR ONGOING RACISM":
1. White denial of how they are still a white colony on our continent. Semantics, I guess. It's not your continent any more. It was taken from you hundreds of years ago. And we're not a white colony - something you'd know if you were paying attention.
2. White denial of the savage crimes that they committed to gain everything. No denial at all, although, again, it might be semantics. They killed many of your people. Savagely, I don't know. If you step on a bug, I guess the bug thinks it was savagely killed.
3. White denial of ongoing profit from past thefts of land, and from slavery. No denial at all. They fought you, they won, and they took your stuff. Deal with it. Everyone in America (not just the whites) has the ability to profit from those acts, should they choose to do so.
4. White denial of the deformed morality that is the heart of white supremacy. I don't even know what that means. "Deformed morality". I guess if it's not the same morality as yours, it could be deemed to be deformed. And give the "white supremacy" shtick a rest, OK? They fought you, most happened to be white, but it had nothing to do with trying to prove white supremacy. It was all about acquiring assets, treasure and land. You girls were an easy target. They didn't give a damn about your color. Read some European history and see how whites slaughtered whites. It's all about land and assets, girlfriend. The racist angle is a red herring, and you know it.
5. White denial of how racism is built into everything that is American culture. You're going to need to back that one up, biatch. You have no clue what you're talking about. American culture (distilled down to a few sentences) is about hard work equalling success. Build the better mousetrap and you'll have the opportunity to make a better life for you and your family. Work and be rewarded. What about the Mexica movement? Is your culture to sit around and whine, and complain how ancestors long dead were screwed? Good plan, sport.
6. White denial of racism in discussions relating to issues of immigration. There you go with your race card again. America has immigration laws to protect the assets and well-being of all her citizens, regardless of race, creed or color. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?
7. White denial of the 200 year history of U.S. racist immigration laws. Geez, the race thing again. Yes, America has had immigration laws for the past 200 years. No, they're not racist. Go to the state department web site and see the countries where most of our legal immigrants come from. Lots more non-whites than whites. Lots more. Do you use the race card so often 'cause you've got nothing else?
8. White denial of how the Minutemen are just another form of the KKK. You really are sad. Read about the KKK. Read about the Minutemen. See, nothing in common. But you know that. It's simply another card from your race deck.
9. White denial of the falseness and hypocrisy of their actions as "Christians". Wow, could you be a little more vague? Are you talking about the Spanish missionaries? Dutch missionaries? Jimmy Swaggart? Help me out here.
10. White denial of how they are immorally profiting today from past injustices. Profiting? Sure, the European settlers established the greatest country in the history of the world, by any definition of the word "greatest". Immorally? Naw. The American Heritage dictionary defines immoral as, "Contrary to established moral principles". As I stated above, when you were conquered, European morals and traditions were established. You bitches now have to adhere to European standards.
11. White denial of the smallpox biological warfare that killed 95% of our people. Huh? I read about that as a kid in grammar school over 40 years ago. Who's denying what? Shit happens when you get invaded. And how is it relevant to anything?
12. White denial protects their children from shame of their heritage of crimes. Ya know what? I'm so glad you ended your whine-a-thon with this item. Listen closely: I carry no pride, nor shame for what happened hundreds of years ago. I personally had nothing to do with what happened. Since I did not participate in past events, how could I or my children feel shame for it? Why would I? Are you fucking retarded?
Here's what I have done: I, unlike you, have taken advantage of this great society. I have educated myself, gotten a job, purchased a home and raised a family. I have white, black, brown and Asian friends that have done the exact same thing. I saw what was available, and used my God-given talents to take advantage of the situation. Through ways too numerous to list here, I have contributed to my neighborhood, city, state and country to make them all better places for everyone to live. I don't care about your race, creed or color. It is irrelevant to me. That's called "progress".
You tunnel-visioned bitches want to whine about what happened 500 years ago. You want to segregate our society based on some ancient pissing grounds. Get the fuck over it.
Your site starts with a page with this sentence:
"To speak strongly over the shouts of racist lies that we have all been fed in the school systems of the world, is not about hate or racism against European descent people."
Bullshit. Your twelve items above reek of hatred and racism. You see nothing in this country but racial inequality. You don't see the opportunity. You don't WANT to see the opportunity, because it would crumble your platform. Your platform of racial hatred and divisiveness. Go to hell, you bitches. Try and take what we've built, and you will be stopped.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Michael Moore has just finished a new movie called Sicko. It's about the problems our country has with the healthcare system.
Now, I don't think many people will dispute that our country has a problem with this issue. Where the disagreement comes from is the cause and the solutions.
Moore proposes a solution without addressing the root cause. He calls for Universal Healthcare. He wants everyone in the country to be covered by this big warm blanket provided by Nanny. The fact that in every country where this type of system has been put in place, it has been a huge, unconditional failure, is irrelevant to this prick. The poor, the down-trodden, the huddled masses must be cared for by the state.
The root cause of the healthcare problem is the same as it is with any of our welfare-state programs: When you've taken away the incentive for someone to provide for themself - and place that burden on society as a whole - the cost of that care must be borne by those that ARE producing in the society. Prices for those services go up with no accompanying rise in quality, making those services less affordable for the working poor. Or taxes are increased and "programs" are established where our income is redistributed to those "in need".
It's charity at the point of a gun (if you think that's an exaggeration, try not paying your taxes and see if people with guns don't come and get you).
All of this government largess has made us a fat, flaccid, "gimme, gimme, gimme" society.
Hunger used to be a great motivator to get off your ass and work so you can feed yourself. No more.
Shame used to be a great motivator to wait until you're married before having kids. No more.
Personal pride used to be a motivator to excel at a profession so you could set an example for the generations that followed you. No more.
I was listening to the radio on the way into work, and a lady called in about her healthcare difficulties. She started her screed off with proudly stating she had 3 kids which she planned on having - without a father to help raise them. She told of her struggles to raise them "right" but how she just couldn't afford healthcare insurance.
Well how about figuring a way out of your problems? You made poor choices, why should I have to pay for them? Your "plan" of having 3 kids out of wedlock had a...... zero chance of being successful. Now is your chance to do something about it. What are you doing to get a job that pays for benefits? Are you going to school to increase your value to our society, and thus your wages? Are you doing anything to change your circumstances?
I'd guess, "no". I'd guess she's into full single-mom-martyrdom, waiting for another bailout.
And she'll get it.
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Yesterday, I was over at The Raging Patriot and commented on a post he had that was titled, G.W. Bush's Legacy. In it, he predicted the following:
Here’s what’s going to happen. Amnesty will be granted to the 10-20 million illegal aliens in this country whether we like it or not. Even if the Senate and House don’t manage to do it, I believe that G.W. will make sure it gets done via an Executive Order.I agreed. I posted my own prediction as to the ultimate consequences of this amnesty program:
I’ll take your prediction even further:
Bush gives amnesty to all illegals, and leaves the door open for all who wish to enter
Wages stay perpetually low because of the influx of cheap labor; poor are not able to raise their standard of living regardless of their efforts
There finally is a tax revolt where social services/income redistribution are severely reduced; A seemingly good thing, it results in massive uprising and civil unrest. The poor, seeing no end to their plight and no opportunity to succeed, run bat-shit crazy. The nanny state model will have, once again, failed.
Martial law (Big Brother - 1984 style) or full-blown communism (Mao/Castro/Lenin style take-over) is the result. It just depends who sees it coming first. Either way, there will be major-league violence.
This is within 20 years. Lock and load, baby....
Then, today, I see an article about Barack Obama, and what he sees in our future:
Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama said Tuesday that the Bush administration has done nothing to defuse a "quiet riot" among blacks that threatens to erupt just as riots in Los Angeles did 15 years ago.Seems like we have a bunch of shit hitting the fan in our near future. Obama knows what the cause is, though:
"Those 'quiet riots' that take place every day are born from the same place as the fires and the destruction and the police decked out in riot gear and the deaths," Obama said. "They happen when a sense of disconnect settles in and hope dissipates. Despair takes hold and young people all across this country look at the way the world is and believe that things are never going to get any better."Actually, it sounds surprisingly similar to what I said. His solution, though, is where we part company. His solution is More Of The Same (tm). He sees more government and less self-reliance as the answer to the problem.
The first-term Illinois senator said that with black people from New Orleans and the Gulf Coast still displaced 20 months after Hurricane Katrina [ed. what about the whites, Barack?] , frustration and resentments are building explosively as they did before the 1992 riots.It certainly did pull the curtain back for the world to see. To see how government largess simply does not work. How it makes people dependent upon Nanny for their very existence. How this dependence rots the very core of the recipient's will to excel.
"This administration was colorblind in its incompetence," Obama said at a conference of black clergy, "but the poverty and the hopelessness was there long before the hurricane."
"All the hurricane did was to pull the curtain back for all the world to see," he said.
How in God's name could these people still be displaced after nearly 2 years? It's because they're waiting around for someone, once again, to fix their problem. For someone to tell them what to do. For someone to make it all better. They're programmed to be helpless.
We are screwed, people. The Nanny State dependence of so many poor, coupled with the influx of cheap labor which keeps earnings retarded, is going to bring this country to its knees. There is going to be a class war unlike any this country has ever seen.
I'll repeat my best solution once again: Lock and load, baby....
Monday, June 04, 2007
I'm registered as an Independent. The past two presidential elections, I voted Democratic. My reason wasn't because I thought Gore or Kerry were any good, they were just the lesser of two evils.
I watched the first part of the Democratic debate last night, and had to turn it off after 10 minutes or so. Good God, is this the best our country can produce? What a bunch of blithering losers. Pissing and moaning about how one hates the war more than the other, but how, "my good friend" so-and-so has good intentions. It was disgusting.
Not one fucking leader among them all.
I've said before, that, at least in my lifetime, George W. Bush is easily the worst president. Even worse than Carter. At least Carter was only inept. Bush has that going for him, too, but he has also gutted the Constitution, placed our country on the brink of bankruptcy, unnecessarily engaged in a war that has cost us 3400+/- American lives and opened our borders to unfettered assault. And that's just the stuff that come to mind.
But, if Hillary Clinton were to win the Democratic nomination, I would start a movement for a Constitutional ammendment to allow Bush to stay as long as he wants. That's how much I hate that shrew.
I want to root for the Republicans, but I see little salvation there as well. My guy, Ron Paul, seems to have stepped on his dick regarding his comments about why we were attacked. He was absolutely right, and didn't even come close to saying we were at fault, but that we simply have to understand that there will be ramifications to our actions.
My second choice, Tancredo, doesn't seem to have much traction. Hunter sounds good, but is probably too right-wing for much of America. Rudy makes me want to puke. McCain scares me almost as much as Hillary. Romney has changed is colors in recent years to seem more conservative.
Thompson? Geez, who knows. He looks and sounds presidential, but I know nothing about what he stands for, or is against. He could be as much of an empty shirt as all of the others.